Laurus encourages undergraduate students to submit their visual art, fiction, poetry, and creative non-fiction for our Spring 2023 issue now through Sunday, January 31, 2023.
To submit your work, go to laurusmagazine.submittable.com, and follow the submission guidelines below. You must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln to have your work included in Laurus.
- No more than five submissions may be made per student per academic year. Submissions beyond the fifth will not be considered.
- The submission deadline will be January 31, 2023.
- Submit finished work only. Laurus editors will generally not provide feedback.
- All submissions of fiction, poetry, and creative non-fiction should be in a Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format.
- All written submissions must be 12 point font, Times New Roman, and double spaced. Exceptions can be made for creative purposes upon request.
- Fiction and creative non-fiction submissions must not exceed 4500 words.
- Visual art may be submitted as a JPEG, GIF, or PNG file. Be sure that you upload the largest file size available of your visual art piece.
- Please include an author or artist bio to feature in the magazine if your work is selected along with how you learned about Laurus‘ call for submissions.
- If there is a technical problem with the submission website, submissions may be sent to email@example.com.
- By submitting to Laurus you are granting permission to publish your work in the annual Laurus print magazine. Upon publication all rights revert back to the author; this means that, once the issue has been produced, you are free to submit your work for publication elsewhere. (Keep in mind, however, that many publications will require first publication rights, which may mean work published in Laurus is ineligible.) If a piece that has been submitted to Laurus is accepted for publication elsewhere, please notify us immediately so that we can remove it from our submission pool.
- As all submissions are read blind, no cover letter is necessary with your submission. In lieu of a cover letter, please write a brief statement acknowledging that you accept these terms of submission.